Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of WebDav Interface to PostGreSQL - sa

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of WebDav Interface to PostGreSQL - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 15 Aug 2002 20:50:32 +0200

address@hidden a tapoté :

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> joel reed <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: other
> Other License: The Apache Software License, Version 1.1
> http://www.apache.org/LICENSE.txt
> Package: WebDav Interface to PostGreSQL
> System name: mod-dav-psql
> Type: 2

> I am writing an apache2 mod_dav module that exposes postgresql
> databases via WebDav to web browsers, nautilus, etc. It will first expose
> a readonly view of tables, sequences, indexes, etc. And hopefully
> will permit modification in future versions.

The license you choose qualify your software as a Free
Software but is incompatible with the GNU GPL License.

We choose to host only softwares published under a license
GPL-compatible. The principal reason is the fact that only
this policy permit mixing differents files from the differents
projects hosted without licensing troubles.

For people who wants using a license such as the Apache
License, it can be a good option to switch to the Modified
BSD License.

If you're willing to switch to a GPL-compatible license, please
resubmit.

If there's particular reason to use only the license you choose
initially, you're welcome to tell us about it.

You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you receive at submission

Mathieu Roy

http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
http://yeupou.coleumes.org