[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Free Software for Africa - savannah

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Free Software for Africa - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 20 Aug 2002 10:31:02 +0200

address@hidden said:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Jean Jordaan <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: fdl
> Other License:
> Package: Free Software for Africa
> System name: fs-africa
> Type: 2

Hi,

I have no informations about FSF affiliations in Africa.

Maybe would you start, if it does not already exists, an African FSF
Chapter?
If so, you should contact address@hidden to get informations.

For now, on Savannah we do not host coordination projects unless they
are FSF coordination related.

And you project, as described, cannot really qualify as a software
documentation project since there is no clear focus. For instance,
documenting GNU Bash is a clear focus, and should be a whole
documentation project or part of GNU Bash. But it less easy to
understand what could be documentation related to Africa only.

If it's not possible to join the FSF, to cooperate directly with the
FSF, could you resubmit your project with examples of documentation
you plan to include?