[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of The french association HurdFr - sav

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of The french association HurdFr - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 23 Aug 2002 19:08:39 +0200

address@hidden said:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Matthieu Bonetti <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: The french association HurdFr
> System name: hurdfr
> Type: 1

> Hello,
>
> We are a french association called HurdFr.
> Our goal is to promote and to help developping the GNU operating system, and
> especially the GNU Hurd which is it\'s base.
>
> We already have a website (http://hurdfr.org) but we need some other services
> that provides savannah such as a cvs, a mailling list and so on.

Hi Ghent,

Currently we host only software/documentation project or
FSF-coordination-related projects.

Anyway, I think it would be a good idea, for the promotion of GNU Hurd, to
allow hosting of this particular kind of association. For example, we
can set a type of project as GUG (GNU[/Linux] Users Groups). It should
give credits to the GNU Project and the FSF in a area where many
people only talks about "linux".

Technically, it can be done with ease. And this kind of projects
shouldn't take so much ressources.

Note also that savannah can now works with differents url depending on
the project type. It's not in production since my kerberos access to
fencepost has not been reactivated since the system corruption,
neither Jaime Villate (address@hidden) one, and Loic Dachary is very
busy to others matters currently.

Richard, Loic, and address@hidden people, what do you think of this idea?

Mathieu Roy