[Savannah-hackers] Re: mldonkey licensing

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: mldonkey licensing
Date: 24 Aug 2002 01:06:37 +0200

[...]

> > As long as mldonkey can run without thoses files, it still can be
> > hosted on savannah.
> >
> > As long thoses files are not licensed under a GPL-compatible license
> > (an undefined license can be, potentially, proprietary), they cannot
> > be hosted on savannah.
>
> An undefined (by which I assume you mean unstated) license is always
> proprietary;  the default is "all rights reserved".

That's ok. But what do you propose for the special case of mldonkey?

How licensing this software? It would be sad to have no free edonkey
client available while people is willing to write free edonkey client
but are blocked by licensing + security issues.

Thanks a lot for your attention,

Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<