[Savannah-hackers] submission of PilotGOne - savannah.gnu.org

From: Sylvain . Soliman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PilotGOne - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:56:28 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Sylvain Soliman <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: PilotGOne
System name: pilotgone
Type: 2

PilotGOne (my project) is a program for PalmOS® (more about this in the
required software paragraph) that can be used for three things:
- for recording a game of Go (Chinese: WeiQi/Wei-Ch\'i; Japanese: Igo/Go;
Korean: Baduk/Paduk);
- for playing back existing SGF (the standard format for files representing a
game of go, like PGN for chess) files, including variations and comments;
- as a board, for stand-alone play while travelling.

The features are tailored to these roles. It is not a general SGF editor, but
we keep adding new features. The SGF source lives in PalmOS® memos, so you can
simply edit the memos to make any extra changes that you want. It is for any
PalmOS® 2.0, or later, handheld device (see also required software).

It already exists and you can download the latest distribution at
http://minas.ithil.org/pilotgone/pilotgone.html

Other Software Required:
Ok, I admit that this is a project (mainly) for PalmOS®, which is a non-free
OS... however you don\'t exactly NEED it: PilotGOne is working perfectly on any
linux based handheld (or even desktop, but then...) with a free PalmOS®
emulator such as xcopilot (for instance a Palm Handheld with uClinux and
xcopilot!!).

Other Comments:
This project was started by Brian Brunswick (address@hidden) whop now mainly
acts as webmaster. Otherwise I\'d say I\'m the main developper (address@hidden).

I don\'t mind getting rejected if developping for PalmOS is not ok here, I just
wanted to avoid sourceforge.net...