[Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101225 ] Import bashdb to CVS, please.

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101225 ] Import bashdb to CVS, please.
Date: 06 Sep 2002 15:25:15 +0200

> that this was likely to be the case to me and your Savannah colleagues.
> That would have been real cool.

This is the last mails sent to you

===
 From nobody Fri Aug 23 18:50:57 2002
From: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Import from CVS of bashdb
Date: 23 Aug 2002 18:50:55 +0200

"R. Bernstein" <address@hidden> said:

> Now that I have a bashdb project, I'd like to import into Savannah's CVS
> keeping the version history in CVS that I currently have.
>
> After reading the
> http://savannah.gnu.org/docs/admin.php#CVS%20repositories and
> experience with sourceforge.net, a guess is that I need to send you a
> tarball of the CVS tree (Root + Respository). Right? If so, where
> would I put the tarball? If not, what should I do?

It's right.
The easiest way to do so is to put the tarball on your project
download area and give us it's url.  You can also send it to me by
mail (< 1MB).

Regards,

===

From: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden
Date: 23 Aug 2002 22:10:22 +0200

"R. Bernstein" <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy writes:
>  > It's right.
>  > The easiest way to do so is to put the tarball on your project
>  > download area and give us it's url.
>
> I tried this:
> scp bash-debugger-cvs.tar.gz address@hidden:/upload/bashdb
>
> Alas, the password that I use to login does not seem to work.
> The DSA key fingerprint is aa:3a:55:af:89:20:b0:d7:cd:26:55:58:9f:b9:14:34.
> passed though.
>
> You can also send it to me by
>  > mail (< 1MB).
>
> I'd do but the tar.gz is >1.9MB and sending base64 encoded is going to
> make it even larger.
>
> Suggestions?

Can you put to temporary url?

About scp:
You cannot use your savannah password with ssh connection. We want
users to register an SSH key, and so use a passphrase.

So you must register a key. Follow the faq to get it working without
troubles

http://sv.gnu.org/faq/?group=savannah

Regards,

Sorry for the delay.