Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Serveez CVS repository

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Serveez CVS repository
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:19:47 +0100

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 05:11:58PM +0200, stefan wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Loic Dachary wrote:
> >     The savannah CVSROOT is specific. Tell us exactly what you'd like
> > to restore and we will do our best to satisfy your needs.
>
> The 'cvsignore' may be useful.  I do not know what about the 'history'
> file.  Does CVS need this file to keep the version numbers?

Good point. We should copy the history file into CVSROOT when it is provided.
The history of the files is also in the *,v files, but for some cvs commands
it is useful to have the original history file too.

The .cvsignore file can be set up by the project manager and I think it is
better that you do it rather than us.

Cheers,
Jaime