[Savannah-hackers] submission of gorath machine - savannah.gnu.org

From: kosik
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gorath machine - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:25:43 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Matej Kosik <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: gorath machine
System name: gorma
Type: GNU

The aim of my project is to design (write some papers
about it) and simulate a new kind of computer architecture.
This architecture will (hopefully) enable effectively
run Actors based operating system and software above it.

This (hardware) architecture will differ from
the other in the following ways:

- it will support the idea of running each actor on its own
  processor.
- (the processors will be minimalistic)
- the processors will support single address space (maily
  by using `capabilities\' instead of raw numbers to reference
  the parts of the memory
- it should be possible to have persistent world of actors

(its difficult by interesting enough to spent a time with it)

Other Software Required:
perhaps `gtlog\' (unfinished and not part of the GNU project yet)

Other Comments:
Ideas on which this project will stand arose from my discussions
with `Michal Kostal <address@hidden>\' and other people.