[Savannah-hackers] Re: inetd

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: inetd
Date: 19 Sep 2002 09:13:21 +0200

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I do not know how to make anoncvs working with the addresses
>  > savannah.gnu.org and savannah.nongnu.org  instead of
>  > subversions.gnu.org
>  >
>  > I think that using everytime the same domain name should help users.
>  >
>  > Anyway, anoncvs seems to be managed by inetd and I do know how to
>  > specify a particular address with inetd (anyway, xinetd seems really
>  > easier to configure).
>
>       xinetd is used on subversions, not inetd. It is possible
> to specify the IP. Check /etc/xinetd.conf.
>
>  > So in the meantime, It remains subversions.gnu.org. If someones have
>  > tips about it, I would be glad to hear -in fact, to read- him.
>
>       You must be *extremely* carefully when messing with
> xinetd.conf.  In particular you must have access to the subversion
> console (thru servent.gnu.org) in case something goes wrong.

Do I have access to servent.gnu.org? By which mean?

>       Regarding the pserver issue itself, it would indeed make sense
> to allwo savannah.gnu.org + savannah.nongnu.org to receive pserver
> connexions. In this case savannah.gnu.org should reject attempts on
> non-gnu projects and vice versa.

If we want savannah.gnu.org to rejects attemps on non-gnu project, it
will complicates the deal, since it means that pserver alors need
informations about which project is gnu and which one is not.

Before, there is much work to do on sv_cvs to make sure everything work as
expected. After this, we will need to separate each part of sv_cvs in
perl subs, in perls modules for savannah (sv_cvs contains in fact most
of the importants subs about savannah database <-> subversion
configuration)... And after, it should be easier to list which project
are part of what.

But if allowing anonymous CVS access via savannah.gnu.org +
savannah.nongnu.org  is not a so complicated task, we should do it
directly.

Cheers,

--
Mathieu Roy