[Savannah-hackers] [ 101321 ] What is the Savannah's URL ?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101321 ] What is the Savannah's URL ?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:17:42 -0400

Support Request #101321, was updated on 2002-Sep-23 17:57
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101321&group_id=11

Category: Web

By: yeupou
Date: 2002-Sep-23 18:17
Logged In: YES
user_id=1896
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.5 (X11 ; GNU / Linux 2.4.18-3custom i686 ;
fr_FR)

 "submitted a support request yesterday, about the
Savannah's url.
Today I see the request isn't no more here"

Since you posted your request non-logged-in, you havent
received mails with answer to your question.

"We", users of Savannah, have we the right to have a
definitive URL, or will this change so easily ?"

Yes you have, and now the url are definitive. For almost a
year, the url for non-gnu project was freesoftware.fsf.org.
But this name was misleading and the url too long (a pain
too type).

Finally, we had the idea to use savannah.nongnu.org, and
this choice is definitive.

Anyway, the redirection will stay for ages, so your work
about google ranking is not lost, since people that click on
the old url will get the new one.

Note that the mailing-list address will change to
@nongnu.org too.

By: julian69