[Savannah-hackers] lsh -> openssh conversion: done [gnu.org #723]

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] lsh -> openssh conversion: done [gnu.org #723]
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:44:15 -0700

I have completed the conversion from lsh to openssh on savannah,
tested with my own lsh key.

I converted keys for the following users:

./bkuhn/.lsh
./cmm/.lsh
./dirk/.lsh
./ghouston/.lsh
./gray/.lsh
./himi/.lsh
./jonas/.lsh
./kei/.lsh
./loic/.lsh
./mdj/.lsh
./mhw/.lsh
./mvo/.lsh
./ossau/.lsh
./rms/.lsh
./rosalia/.lsh

(Not all of them actually have keys)

The new hostkey is e9:bf:6d:09:8d:10:e4:75:13:18:eb:98:d8:88:c8:54 for
sshv2.  (The same as it was for those who were using the sshv2
listener on .4)

I have modified /etc/ssh/sshd_config so that it listens on all
interfaces.  I also modified /etc/init.d/lsh so that it does an exit 0.

I will post the notification of the change on the front page.  I leave
it to you folks to decide if/when/how you want to tell people that
they can just paste sshv2 keys in the little textbox now.  (I haven't
tested that, since i'm still a special-case user).  Before you make a
big public announcement, you should probably figure out how you want
to handle lsh keys.

My script for converting lsh to ssh keys is in ~root/convertlsh.sh

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)