[Savannah-hackers] CVS Write Access When Adding A User

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Write Access When Adding A User
Date: 09 Oct 2002 07:36:56 -0700

I went to add some users to Savannah for GNU Enterprise and it worked
just fine.  However, I noticed that it gives cvs write access when
adding a user and there is no way to 'remove' this.  I think this is a
significant bug (or error in requirements).

We would like to have anyone working on the project that has copyright
assignment to be listed as a member, but we dont want everyone to have
cvs write access.  Instead we like to follow more a Linux Kernel
methodology.  Where we have 'leaders' to elements of the source code and
patches get sent to those leaders for review and the leader commits the
patch.

Is there some way we can add members and not automatically give cvs
write access?

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise