[Savannah-hackers] Re: Ease use of the free translation project

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Ease use of the free translation project
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:45:20 +0200

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 02:02:28PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Martin Quinson <address@hidden> said:
> > On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 06:18:25PM +0000, Jaime E. Villate wrote:

> > Ok, but I would like to download it in order to browse it offline.
>
> See http://sv.gnu.org/cvs/?group=savannah

Thanks for the tip

> > > Related to this translation system, I've thought that we should encourage
> > > the
> > > translation teams to use Savannah; or even better if the po repository was
> > > kept in Savannah. Do you know the administrators of that translation
> > > project?
> >
> > Yes, but sadly, they just decided to move to sf...
>
> Can I have details on the subject ? I have read all the thread. Do you
> mean that you want Savannah using files hosted on SourceForge?
>
> Since we discourage using proprietary software, we discourage using
> SourceForge. So we definitely cannot tell Savannah hackers to use
> SourceForge. But I'm maybe misunderstanding what it is about.

The story is that a long time ago, the FSF funded what is called the
"Translation Project" to centralize all the i18n and l10n efforts of free
softwares. Some time ago, I proposed to ease the use of this effort for the
projects using savannah. And as side effect, Jaime proposed to host the
whole project on savannah. I answered that I would prefer, but that the
admin of the TP just moved to sourceforge. But in fact, they only opened a
few mailing lists there. I dunno if they would mind to move to savannah.

The remaining question is if one of us will manage to have enough free time
and motivation to do something like the TP for the projects in savannah. I
could help since I'm involved since a pretty long time in several l10n and
i18n projects, but I'm PhD student and I have to write my thesis quite soon...

Bye, Mt.

--
Il y a 10 catégories de personnes : celles qui comprennent le binaire, et
les autres.