[Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)
Date: 16 Oct 2002 14:08:48 +0200

> address@hidden proski]$ CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/openap co
> openap
> Connection to subversions.gnu.org closed by remote host.
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)

> address@hidden proski]$
>
> Using -f (disable local config files) and -t (trace command execution):
>
> address@hidden proski]$ CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -t -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/openap
> co openap
>  -> main loop with address@hidden:/cvsroot/openap
>  -> Starting server: ssh subversions.gnu.org -l proski cvs server
> Connection to subversions.gnu.org closed by remote host.
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)

In my case, I get something like

address@hidden pdbv]$ cvs -t update
 -> main loop with address@hidden:/cvsroot/pdbv
 -> Starting server: ssh savannah.nongnu.org -l yeupou cvs server
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/home/moa/.ssh/identity':
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
cvs server: Updating .
[...]

This the very first time I see such a trouble. I added
address@hidden in Cc since people like address@hidden now the
most of the details of the subversions installation and maybe can give
some tips.

While crossposting is not a good idea in general, discussion related
to savannah service troubles should always have
address@hidden in Cc, since people there have different
competences and some now things that others do not.

> address@hidden proski]$
>
> Now running ssh in the same way as cvs does:
>
> address@hidden proski]$ ssh subversions.gnu.org -l proski cvs server
> Connection to subversions.gnu.org closed by remote host.
>
> address@hidden proski]$
>
> Now running ssh with explicit "-1" option, in case you think that my
> .ssh/config is wrong:
>
> address@hidden proski]$ ssh -1 subversions.gnu.org -l proski cvs server
> Connection to subversions.gnu.org closed by remote host.

I'm not completely sure that typing command like ssh
savannah.nongnu.org -l yeupou cvs server is similar to typing normal
cvs command that itself start ssh command embedded.

> Now I'm running cvs server on my local mashine, so that you don't think
> that it's the normal behavior:
>
> address@hidden proski]$ ssh -1 localhost -l proski cvs server
> address@hidden proski]$
>
> In this case, I pressed Ctrl-D to disconnect.  It wasn't closed by the
> remote host.

It does not seem relevant to me.

I can do the following on my server
address@hidden pdbv]$ ssh valkyrie -l root "echo pouet"
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/home/moa/.ssh/identity':
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
pouet

It only means that a ssh daemon is running out there, and that I can
access it with my passphrase.

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<