[Savannah-hackers] [ 101463 ] rsync gives permission denied

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101463 ] rsync gives permission denied
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:08:10 -0500

Support Request #101463, was updated on 2002-Oct-30 01:37
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101463&group_id=11

Category: CVS

By: yeupou
Date: 2002-Oct-30 20:08
Logged In: YES
user_id=1896
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.5 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020623
Debian/1.2.5-0.woody.1

I do not think that rsync usage is granted to access cvs tree.

Normally rsync works only for download areas. The idea of
CVS is not to use rsync to deal with CVS directories.

So, we do not agree that the command you type previously
should be able to complete without errors.

By: savannah.gnu.org