[Savannah-hackers] Re: About Anubis

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: About Anubis
Date: 31 Oct 2002 00:44:44 +0100

Brett Smith <address@hidden> said:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:17:36AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > PS: is there an url to access the maintainers file? My access to fencepost
> > has not been re-establish after the crack.
>
> There is not.  This is by design; it contains a lot of e-mail addresses for
> developers, which is information that we need, but which many people would
> not appreciate being made public.

I understand that.

I must say that it scratches a little my itch to tell 3 times a week
to user that I need to send mails to people because I cannot check
things because I have no longer access to fencepost.
The only Savannah admin that have his account on fencepost
re-established is Loic, and sadly, he's is the most busy person in
there.

> Bradley Kuhn and I have already discussed making arrangements to
> have the flow of information go from new-gnu to savannah-hackers go
> more smoothly.  However, we've both been extremely pressed for time
> as of late, so an automated solution isn't likely to happen any time
> soon.  Therefore, we should discuss arrangements about what to do in
> the meantime.
>
> First, I should tell you that WebPublish was also dubbed a GNU package
> since I started answering new-gnu.

Not hosted on Savannah I think.
http://savannah.gnu.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=publish

> For the future, what information do you need to be able to take care of
> everything properly?  Package name, maintainer's name -- anything else?
> I'm happy to provide you with whatever would be useful to you.  Let me
> know, and I'll add it to the list of things that need to be done for new
> GNU packages.

Only package name. Normally, we have already all the informations. The
only thing needed is a confirmation.

It happens several times a week that people write us disputable
things. My personal policy is to ask for confirmation before acting,
whatever the matter.

We generally receive a mail from Richard beginning with "I heredy
dub..." and it's sufficient to me.

Thanks for your attention,

Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<