Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The eMule Xmod - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The eMule Xmod - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:34:13 +0000

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 01:37:40PM +0100, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> Your project has been aproved!
That was the right thing to do.

>  But I can't find on the GNU website that your project is part of the GNU
> project.
Because it is not. What has happened is that in his registration, the
registrant has selected a box that gives him the option of his project being
evaluated by the GNU team.

> I aproved your project but made it non-gnu!
That's the right thing to do.

>  You can begin using our
> services.  If your project has already been add to the GNU project
> please give a confirmation about this.

You should not tell the author this; just click the link for the project to be
evaluated by the GNU team. An message will be automatically sent to him
saying that the project will be evaluated for the GNU project.

If the project does not include any source code yet, I usually don't ask
address@hidden to evaluate it, but write back to the author suggesting him to
delay his GNU application until he has some code to be evaluated.

In the current administration interface it is not obvious whether the author
is claiming that his project is part of GNU or he is just asking us to tell
GNU that he wants his project evaluated to become part of GNU. But an author
that claims that his project is part of GNU will usually say that in the
description so this is not any major drawback of the administration interface
and I think we can live with it.

Cheers,
Jaime