Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Artdraw graphics library - savannah

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Artdraw graphics library - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:32:10 +0000

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:35:38PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Reinoud Zandijk <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: cartistic
> Other License:
> Package: Artdraw graphics library
> System name: artdraw
> Type: non-GNU

Hi,
Your project has been approved and you should have received an autimated
e-mail message telling you that.

> I would be most pleased if you would like to check the licence and the
> notifications in the source code. i.e. if i ought to repeat some
> notifications of copyright(/copyleft ;)) in each source file or not.

Yes, every C file should have a copyright note and a copying permission
statement. I do not know the recommended copying permission statement for
programs under Clarified Artistic License, but it should at least say that it
is Free Software distributed under that license. It would be better to take a
look at what other developers using that license write at the beginning of
their programs and to do the same.

Cheers,
Jaime