[Savannah-hackers] submission of Binc IMAP - savannah.gnu.org

From: bincimap
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Binc IMAP - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:48:08 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Andreas Aardal Hanssen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:

Package: Binc IMAP
System name: bincimap
Type: GNU

Binc IMAP is an IMAP server for the tcp wrappers xinetd
and tcpserver (under DjB supervise). It\'s a Maildir
only server, a drop in replacement for existing IMAP servers.

It\'s designed to work side by side with qmail-pop3d, and
makes no assumptions on activity from other clients to the
Maildir depository.

Written in C++, uses an object oriented modular design and
the author is a fanatic when it comes to following standards,
and writing portable code that _anyone_ can use, read and
understand.

The design is currently under revision, so the code may
change quite a bit in a short while.

The project\'s home page is:

http://www.bincimap.andreas.hanssen.name/

The source code can be grabben from the currently unmirrored
depository at

http://www.bincimap.andreas.hanssen.name/dl

Other Software Required:
This package depends in the openssl project. It seems to be quite
common these days, but since Red Hat 6.2 doesn\'t include it I\'ll
just make it clear here.

Also a tcp wrapper like xinetd or tcpserver is needed.

No other dependencies.

Other Comments:
There are some pointers to a FAQ, user contributions (only one
so far) and three archives for our mailing list if you want
to browse the archives.