[Savannah-hackers] submission of paparazzi - savannah.nongnu.org

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of paparazzi - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:26:52 -0500

antoine drouin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: paparazzi
System name: paparazzi
Type: non-GNU

This project aimsto create a low cost open source fixed wing UAV (Unmaned Air
Vehicule).
The airframe we are using is a small radio controlled foammy (multiplex
twinstar).
The onboard hardware consists of a Pic MCU (microcontroller unit) and several
sensors (GPS, pressure...) transmitting through a 1200bps FSK modem and a
2.4GHz radio link.
Code is written in assembly using GPASM (http://gputils.sourceforge.net).
 We are planning to test a linux handheld (ipaq) with 802.11 for higher
levelcomputations and communications.
The ground station consist of a laptop running Gnu/Linux. For now we use RTTY
(http://www.ele.uva.es/~jesus/rtty/rtty-2.0.html) for the downlink, but 802.11
might remove this need.
We have a GUI written in GTK that displays the position of the plane on a map
and the indications from the intruments.We have also developed code to deal
with the GPS binary protocol (SIRF)

Other Software Required:

Other Comments: