Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of DORA - Doug\'s Open Reporting Appli

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of DORA - Doug\'s Open Reporting Application - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:14:34 -0500

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:12:52AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Doug Gorley <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: DORA - Doug\'s Open Reporting Application
> System name: dora
> Type: non-GNU

> DORA (Doug\'s Open Reporting Application) will be an open-source application
> (still choosing a license, but definitely OSI approved, and probably GPL)
> tool for providing simple web reports from an RDBMS.  The desire for a simple
> tool for accomplishing this arose from the tedious process needed to create a
> Crystal Report and display it on the web.  DORA will improve on this by:

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software
movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.
We are careful about ethical issues and insist on
producing software that is not dependent on proprietary
software.

While Open Source as defined by it's founders means
Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.
For more information, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

Please resubmit when you have made up your mind about what license you
will use.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Web page                    http:/www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org