[Savannah-hackers] submission of yaf-splash - savannah.nongnu.org

From: jwm
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of yaf-splash - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:01:23 -0500

John Morton <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: The license is that of xdaliclock
(http://www.jwz.org/xdaliclock/). Looks
like a modified BSD license, to me, but I\'m not a lawyer.
Package: yaf-splash
System name: yaf-splash
Type: non-GNU

yaf-splash - Yet Another Fine splash program for X.

yaf-splash  pops  up a window of text, auto-sized and centered on the screen,
that is dismissed when you click on it, rather like xmessage. Unlike xmessage,
it lacks buttons and other window manager cruft, can appear transparent  via
the SHAPE extension, or overlays if your xserver supports them, and has a
bunch of other configuration options to tart it up with.

Licence information is in the man page. It\'s derived from xdaliclock,
xsplash and xsublim which all use what I assume to be a modified BSD
license, so I\'ve followed suit. I\'m tacitly assuming that license
covers code that\'s not explicitly licensed.

http://registry.e-servicesltd.co.nz/yaf-splash-1.00.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
Depends on xlib and friends. The xmmsctrl script depends on vorbiscomment,
xscreensaver-command and xmmsctl (and therefore xmms), but the script
is just a demo.

Other Comments: