Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GLMosaicText - text in OpenGL - sav

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GLMosaicText - text in OpenGL - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:50:38 +0200

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:47:35AM -0500, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 03:14:54PM +0200, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > Hi, could we do this at the time we start checking in the code?
> >
> > Because we'll have to go through all the source files then
> > in order to change the packages etc. appropriately and that
> > would be the logical time to make sure LGPL notices are everywhere,
> > and the XPL license reference is removed.
> >
> > Would this be ok?
>
> What is this XPL license?

Gzz was originally GZigZag and was dual-licensed at Ted Nelson's request
to be distributed under LGPL or the Xanadu Public License, at the user's choice.

The version 0 of the Xanadu Public License grants no rights whatsoever;
it is a placeholder for later transcopyright licenses that Nelson wanted
to do but seems not to have gotten around to.

Later he broke off the cooperation and is now saying that he will not license
the zzStructure patent for use in Gzz because he is now working with a
corporation
to make a proprietary version.

At the same time as we remove the code covered by the patent, we're splitting
the project and removing the XPL option from the licenses.

Ok?

        Tuomas