[Savannah-hackers] Re: Collaboration software (Wiki, Faq-o-Matic, etc)

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Collaboration software (Wiki, Faq-o-Matic, etc)
Date: 06 Mar 2003 18:48:43 +0100

Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> said:

> Thanks both Loic and Mathieu for the responses.
>
> loic writes:
>
> > all* are a nightmare to maintain.
>
> I don't have experience installing Wikis, thanks for the advice, on
> the other hand Faq-o-Matic requires no maintenance other than
> assigning people to groups (if needed).
>
> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'll think about that when working on the scripts.
>
> Thanks, let me know if you want me to beta test it.
>
> One more thing, if CPU load and integration with Savannah is a
> concern, what about setting up another machine for this purpose?

I think that another computer to host cvs tree would be required. The
most of the CPU usage go to apache+PHP and anonymous cvs + viewcvs.

As Savannah works, it would require to work on scripts to make that
possible. But as I'll work anyway on the same scripts with that in
mind.

In fact, it would be pretty easy if the cvs/viewcvs dedicated computer
had a direct connection to mysqld on subversions.gnu.org.

Note that if a new computer is set up for the cvs, it would be good if
savannah-hackers can work on it, as 50% of the savannah administration
is CVS related.

Mathieu Roy