[Savannah-hackers] Re: posting

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: posting
Date: 05 May 2003 15:49:22 +0200

David Sugar <address@hidden> said:

> Let's see if the admin's at Savannah have an immediate suggestion...

1) We have to make sure that automated tools do not provide confidential
information, as revealing some mail headers. We cannot spend time to
edit archives when someone provided information he does not want to
provide at first by himself.

And I do not think someone should accept to handle this request until he
promises he will handle any more request of this kind in the future.

2) This issue seems irrelevant to me. I believe that no one at
savannah-hackers have time to check every confusion google (and any
other search tools) can creates.

I absolutely do not understand how it can be a serious threat to this
veebox.co.uk company, I do not understand how it can cause "a lot of
confusion and complaints".

Google found 8 entries for veebox. The mailman archive is the third
one.
If veebox.co.uk is not happy with it, veebox.co.uk have to browse
http://www.google.com/intl/en/ to understand how google works.

There's only 3 times "veebox" in this page. If google shows it in
third position, it only shows how bad is the registration of the
veebox official website.

If you search for "rms" in google, you'll find
http://www.stallman.org/
Do you think that the "Royal Microscopical Society" should blame him
for that?
Google does not guarantee an accurate result in any case. People have
to understand how to read results of a statistical research. If they
can't it's sad but it's their problem first.

3) As my job is studying history, I'm naturally against alteration of
archives. But indeed, even alteration of archives speaks a lot in a
historic perspective.

(I only speak for myself, obviously)