[Savannah-hackers] submission of cling Free Documentation Repository -

From: gpl
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of cling Free Documentation Repository - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 10:20:13 -0400

Veronica Loell <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: cling Free Documentation Repository
System name: clingdoc
Type: non-GNU

Providing a repository of documentation and teaching materials for software
released under GPL-licence.  All contributions to the repository must be
released under The GNU Free Documentation License.  A search- and rendering
engine will also be available. There will be both GUI and scripting access to
the engine.  The core language used will be Docbook XML. And we plan to supply
rendering of xml, pdf and xhtml to begin with.

The basis for this project is an introductory computer course given for the new
students at the Computational linguistics masters program at Göteborg
university.
The purpose of the course is to get them running in our system (unix). Many of
our students have very little experience with anything other than running ms
office, so this is meant to be a basic introduction for beginners.

We cover Emacs and Pine and shell file-handling. We are planning on extending
our course material with introductions to various areas that are relevant to
computational linguists in training. Hosting it here is an excellent excuse to
only provide information about only GPL\'ed tools.

Last years docs are at:
http://ag-cling.sourceforge.net/
They are in swedish.

Other Software Required: