[Savannah-hackers] submission of DocuMental - savannah.nongnu.org

From: sjn+documental
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of DocuMental - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:50:12 -0400

Salve J. Nilsen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: DocuMental
System name: documental
Type: non-GNU

We are trying to create a system for \"online collaborative polyscopic document
development\" to help people create and develop any text in public - allowing
anyone interested to comment, query or help improve the text. In other words,
we want a way to move the process of authoring out into the public, subjecting
the created intellectual work to the widest possible audience for peer review.

Furthermore, we wish to support and encourage the modeling and creation of
polyscopic documents - texts that are tailored for use in a wide variety of
circumstances and purposes, and make sure that both the authors\' and the
editors\' job of creating high-quality coherent products are as easy as
possible.

Source code will be available at http://www.documental.org/

Other Software Required:
Apache HTTPD
mod_perl
AxKit
OpenOffice

Other Comments:
We\'re currently in the planning stage of the project, so no source code is
available yet.