[Savannah-hackers] Migration of CVS tree

From: Chris Smith
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Migration of CVS tree
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 01:34:31 +0100

Thanks for setting up the Goldwater project at savannah.

Can I request that the _goldwater_ source that has been temporarily stored
within the DGEE projects CVS, be moved into the new Goldwater project CVS.

i.e. You will see that
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/dgee/

contains the directories:
dgee/
phlib/
goldwater/

Both 'phlib' and 'goldwater' directories make up the source for the
Goldwater project,
and it is these two directories that need to be moved, so that we are left
with:

/cvsroot/dgee/dgee
and
/cvsroot/goldwater/phlib
/cvsroot/goldwater/goldwater

instead of all three being under /cvsroot/dgee/

I don't know whether it's normal for a copy of the relevant CVS portions to
be
transferred to the new location or a physical moved in these scenarios.  If
a copy were
made, a MOVED file could be placed in the phlib and goldwater directories
under
/cvsroot/dgee/ pointing users to the new CVS location.  Just a thought.

I was going to import fresh into the goldwater CVS, but that would mean
loosing
revision history and tagging, which I'd rather not do.

Can we make arrangements for the transfer to happen?

Cheers.
Chris Smith