Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Speech status

From: David R. Hill
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Speech status
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:23:27 -0700 (PDT)

Jaime,

So I did all that stuff.  It is a process I have been through once before
and the project full name and short name were (as I expected) already
taken.  So I put place-holders in, which seemed to satisfy the system.

So now I am confused again.

Anyway, no doubt some responsible person will approve the project (for the
second time!) and real confusion will reign because there will be two
projects -- one called "(Name already assigned)" [ unless the responsible
person does something non-standard].

Point is, I don't really understand what is going on here.  Maybe someone
can enlighten me.  What happened to all the source code that was on the
CVS repository.  Why do I get messages saying I am not authorised to
access the relevant pages?  As far as I am concerned, the source code can
be freely available to the public under the terms of the GPL.

I can send another CD in which I have included various refinements to
licensing statements to take care of the fact that some of the old
copyright notices are embedded in various places in the original code.  It
is easier to deal with the issue by a coverall set of statements, and
documents (e.g. copy of & URL for the GPL), than to risk screwing things
up by trying to edit all the code to eliminate all buried statements.

I attach copies of recent correspondence for convenience, and thank you in
advance for your patience.

Jaime,

Thanks for your succinct and informative email.  Thanks also to Mathieu &
Rudy for your responses.  I think I have what I need to proceed.

drh