[Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Speech status

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Speech status
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:08:04 -0400

      It will
    likely help that FSF now appears to endorse free Java use (we were using
    Blackdown anyway as an intermediate step so, assuming it is OK for the
    final software package, this could speed things up quite a bit).

We do endorse using Java as long as the code will run on a free Java
platform.  But it is very risky to use Blackdown for development,
because you can use Sun-only fatures that free software won't support,
and you won't even realize it.

Do you see the problem?