Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GCJ Java plugin for Mozilla Firebir

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GCJ Java plugin for Mozilla Firebird and compatible Webbrowsers - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:46:26 -0400

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 05:21:50PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Michael Koch <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: other
> Other License: This plugin will be released under the same license as libgcj
> (on which it depends): GPL+exception
> Package: GCJ Java plugin for Mozilla Firebird and compatible Webbrowsers
> System name: gcjwebplugin
> Type: GNU

> This project develops a Java plugin for Mozilla and other compatible web
> browsers to execute Java applets.
>
> Its license will be the same as libgcj from GCJ project, GPL+exception.
>
> I have some code for it, but its not really working as libgcj needs some
> patches to be applied first. Its not even available on the net yet. The plan
> is to put it first into savannah CVS service.

Please e-mail a me a copy of the code in a tarball.

We would like to look at your source code, even if it is still
not functional, to help you fix potential legal issues which
would be harder to correct after the project gets approved.
For example, to release your program properly under the GPL,
you should write copyright notices and copying permission statements
at the beginning of every source code file,
as explained in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

Rudy