[Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] songanizer want to be a GNU package

From: savannah-hackers
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] songanizer want to be a GNU package
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:06:58 -0400

Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  songorganizer
Project System Name:  songanizer
License:  gpl
Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=4741

The biggest problem for me, during my tries to organize music files, was the
choice of the directory structure. Should the directory structure reflect the
author or the genre or may be the album? I ended up with the conclusion, that
no ideal directory structure exists. So I wanted different virtual directory
structures to the same data. Thanks to the symbolic links capability of the
file systems I use (ext2, ext3, ...) this dream has become reality!

The script gets a list of _data directories, in which the real ogg and mp3
files reside. The script has to read informations like author, album, genre,
... from these files and create parallel directory structures, which just
contain symbolic links (like pointers) to the directories in which the real
files live.

The goal is to create virtual directory structures, which give different views
of the data, but without having redundant copies of the files themself.

A version for revisioning can be found here:
http://www.lugbz.org/content/songorganizer/songorganizer-current.tar.gz

 -- the Savannah admin

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/