[Savannah-hackers] submission of Interactive Physics - savannah.nongnu.o

From: aurojit
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Interactive Physics - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:39:16 -0400

Aurojit Panda <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: Interactive Physics
System name: iphysics
Type: non-GNU

This project aims to create a sort of a constantly updated physics textbook
which deals in everything from old concepts to the latest cutting edge of
physics. As an Open Project (I wouldn't say source since it is a book) people
from diffrent backgrounds, i.e. physicists, students, the general public, etc,
can contribute to keep the book up to date and due to its electronic nature no
would have to care about buying a new copy. As a student atleast I sorely miss
such a resource and believe that building something like this would definitely
benifit a lot of people and would fit in with GNUs commitment to providing free
software, information and everything in a 'free' form and would aid in bridging
the current communication gap between physicists, students, and the general
public. There is no URL available at the moment.

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
I guess this is classified under Free Educational Textbook Projects, and well
Step 1 says you support these also.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/