[Savannah-hackers] Re: Broken link

From: marc0
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Broken link
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:51:31 +0200

Mathieu Roy on 21 Jul 2003 20:11:12 +0200 writes:

> Marco Parrone <address@hidden> said:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> while _not_ logged in, going to a "Developer/Consultant Profile",
>>
>> (for example https://savannah.nongnu.org/users/marco_p/)
>>
>> where the email address was not hided,
>
> Should it be?
> I see marc0 AT autistici DOT org which is the normal behaviour.

That's ok, the problem is in the underling link.

>>in the "Email Address" field
>

>> > there is a link, if you follow the link:
>>
>>   - with w3m, you get "Unknown URI: http://account/...";
>>     then "Can't load /sendmessage.php?touser=..."
>>
>>   - with lynx: "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host."
>>
>>   - with Mozilla Firebird 0.6 even worser: you go to a trap of the
>>     devil: http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=2
>
> I do not know how works your software but I do not get how you can be
> redirected to this address. I suspect this is related to the softwares
> you use, not Savannah.

In part, yes.

If I put the URL "account" and hit ENTER in Firebird, it tries to find
the host "account" (appending a TLD, or making a search) and goes to
that address.

> I must admit that I failed to get it working with both lynk and links
> (shipped by debian - not a decent links version but an old elinks
> version).
>
> If you can provide a fix, we would be thankful. If not, please fill a
> bug report and we'll see what we can do.

I think the problem is in

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/sendmessage.php

if you are not logged in it redirects you to

  https://account/login.php

instead it might redirect you to

  https://savannah.gnu.org/account/login.php

I think the problem is that it redirects using

  "account/login.php"

but it should be fixed using

  "/account/login.php".

I think the problem is in

  sendmessage.php

in the function call

  // Not logged-in, no mail to be sent.
  exit_not_logged_in();

so in the function

  function exit_not_logged_in() {
      global $REQUEST_URI;
      //instead of a simple error page, now take them to the login page
      header ("Location:
".$GLOBALS['sys_https_host']."/account/login.php?return_to=".urlencode($REQUEST_URI));
  }

in the file include/exit.php

but in the CVS of the Savannah Project at Savannah the function seems
fixed, is Savvannah running that version?

- --
address@hidden (rot13-string "address@hidden")
2143 9E77 D5E6 115A 48AD  A170 D0EE F736 4E88 99C2