Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Echelon Linux - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Echelon Linux - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:04:26 +0100

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 08:56:47AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
> Mikael Mourcia <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Echelon Linux
> System name: echelon
> Type: GNU

> Echelon Linux is a distro which is able to monitor and to manage your network.
> It can be compared to Compledge Sentinel from Michel Blomgren.
> This distro is based on Knoppix.
> For that firts alpha release, Echelon linux can monitor your network via
> nagios and nagat and can be used as a intrusion detection system (managed by
> snort).

Hi,
we are not prepared to host complete distributions in Savannah. We only host
smaller separate projects. You can break down your distribution into
several projects and then register each one separately. In each project
registration you should state very clearly what the project does, and show us
its source code (either a URL to it or an e-mail attachment to one of the
Savannah administrators).

Some people are using Savannah to host the scripts used to create their
Knoppix based distributions. If you would like to do the same, then register
a project for it explaining that you want to host just the scripts and not
the whole resulting distribution; and do not forget to show us even a
preliminary version of youur source code.

Regards,
Jaime