Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of JSP-Tutorial - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of JSP-Tutorial - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:29:04 -0400

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:54:26AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Wolfram Rittmeyer <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: fdl
> Other License: For the code used for the jsptutorial-engine:

I suggest using submitting the jsptutorial-engine separtly from this
one.

> GPL V2 or later
> Package: JSP-Tutorial
> System name: jsptutorial
> Type: non-GNU

> This project is a mostly text-related project. Its aim is to provide a
> JSP-tutorial which deals with more than just syntax. The texts (which are all
> licensed under the GNU Free Document License) deal with a lot of
> design-issues concerning web-applications. Some other topics, more or less
> relating to JSPs, like J2EE, JavaServer Faces or Struts are also covered.
>
> The project is up to now only available in German, but any persons willing to
> translate the content into other languages are highly welcomed.

Please provide me with a link to these texts.  I want to check if the
FDL is included correctly.

> Apart from the texts there is also the tutorial-engine which will be
> published under the GPL as soon as a beta-release is functional. No code
> available up to now.

Ok.  If you have some code, be welcome to submit this project.  But
make sure it is according to our guidelines.

> Other Software Required:
> The code will be developed in Java and is dependent on a free
> servlet environment. The page itself will be hosted under Linux

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS
to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

> Using Tomcat (Apache License), but any other ServletContainer should
> work as well. The Struts-framework is needed as well (also Apache
> License).

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Regards,

Rudy

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms