Re: sftp to stop working again? (Re: [Savannah-hackers] sftp now working

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: sftp to stop working again? (Re: [Savannah-hackers] sftp now working on Savannah: not really)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:34:16 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Jonathan Walther <address@hidden>:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:12:26AM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >>   # Uncomment the lien bellow when the chroot jail actually works
> >>   #/usr/local/bin/savannah-sftp
> >>   # This line below works for now, but is not chrooted.
> >>   /usr/lib/sftp-server
> >
> >In fact, it does not really fixed the sftp problem. We know how to make
> it works
> >not chrooted but we want it to be chrooted.
>
> Because of the way the symlinking is done on the server, it CANNOT run
> chrooted right now.  You need to modify the directory structure a bit
> before this is even possible.

Do you have a proposal we can agree and follow?
If the problem is the symlinking is done, let's change it.

> Jaime Villate said he checked the modification in via CVS.
>
> Please let me know when you are available to come on IRC and discuss
> the

Unfortunately, I do not have a decent connectivity here so I cannot do much than
replying mail with a web interface.
I should normally be able to log in on sv.gnu.org soon (no ssh for now), but not
today.

In the meantime, can you detail your plans by mail? Tell us what need to be done
, we'll tell you whether it's problematic or not.
Basically, as long as it works with the same level of security and capabilities
as before, you can change what you need the way you want.
(document the changes in the ChangeLog)

> >The upload directory is available via http, per project.
> >Why do you want and sftp account?
>
> We need sftp so we can use "arch" as a revision control system for our
> projects.  Several projects have been waiting for sftp access so they
> can start their Free Software projects on Savannah.
>
> How do I access my projects /upload/ directory via http?

Simply by http://sv.gnu.org/download/$yourproject

Mathieu Roy

   -- I\'m right now on vacation and I\'m forced to use an unfriendly tool to
   get/send mail. If you expect a reply from me very soon, add \"urgent\" in
   the subject field --