[Savannah-hackers] submission of OmniBib - savannah.nongnu.org

From: avila
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of OmniBib - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 06:55:39 -0400

Rafael Bohrer Ávila <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: OmniBib
System name: omnibib
Type: non-GNU

  OmniBib is a peer-to-peer framework for sharing bibliographic databases.  The
idea is that each individual maintains his own database (e.g. a BibTeX file)
and makes it available to the OmniBib network by means of a dedicated server.
This server is accessible by OmniBib users, who can search for and fetch the
references they need.  The server also has the capability of contacting other
servers if the needed references are not found locally.  Client-side software
retrieves a number of references from a given server and formats it as needed;
the typical usage is to fetch bibliographic entries from the OmniBib network
and hand it to a local BibTeX program, in the form of a .bib file, in order to
process the citations of a LaTeX document.
  The goal of this project is to provide a working OmniBib environment as
described above.  We intend to implement the server functionality using Perl
and at least a basic client program to be used in place of BibTeX.
  I'm re-registering the project as requested in your email from Aug 22. A
alpha-alpha-alpha, barely-functional version of OmniBib can be downloaded from
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~avila/omnibib-0.0.3.tar.bz2.  Please note that this is
not supposed to become an official downloading site for OmniBib, it's just a
temporary place so that you get access to it, nor intend we to ever publically
release this particular version of the software.

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/