Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guitoo - graphical tools for gentoo

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guitoo - graphical tools for gentoo. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 10:03:12 -0500

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 06:48:20AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Kenny Smith <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: guitoo - graphical tools for gentoo.
> System name: guitoo
> Type: non-GNU

> Guitoo is a project to help users of the gentoo [http://gentoo.org] linux
> operating system administer their computer completely from a graphical user
> interface.  It is meant to work on top of existing tools rather than replace
> them.

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS
to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

> Guitoo tools are written in c++ or python using the qt toolkit.  The python
> apps require pyqt.
>

> Guitoo consists of several tools that allow the user to administer/configure
> his/her computer.
>

>  [guitoo etcetera]
>
>         guitoo etcetera allows a user to update any configuration files that
> might have been changed during am emerge.  it is an alternative to etc-update
> and allows a user to use a gui diff tool of choice.  guitoo etcetera is
> written in C++ and uses the QT toolkit
>
>  [guitoo updater]
>
>          guitoo updater is a wizard that guides a user through the syncing of
> his portage tree, fixing blocks, selecting packages, and finally
> emerging/compiling the packages.  It is extremely user-friendly and is built
> to be "girlfriend proof"
>
>  [guitoo config]
>
>          guitoo config is a graphical configuration file editor.  IT allows
> users to edit a files like /etc/fstab using a intuitive GUI interface.
> Developers can contribute "plugins" for each configuration file using a
> XML-Based Plugin.
>

> More tools will arrive as they are developed, but these three are currently
> planned.
>

> guitoo etcetera has source code for review (it is partially functional)
> [http://www.standsolid.com/guitoo/guitooetcetera-preview-0.03.tar.gz]

 In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Regards,

Rudy