[Savannah-hackers] submission of guitoo - graphical tools for gentoo. -

From: kenny
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guitoo - graphical tools for gentoo. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:10:08 -0500

Kenny Smith <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: guitoo - graphical tools for gentoo.
System name: guitoo
Type: non-GNU

Guitoo is a project to help users of the gentoo [http://gentoo.org] GNU/Linux
operating system administer their computer completely from a graphical user
interface.  It is meant to work on top of existing tools rather than replace
them.

Guitoo tools are written in c++ or python using the qt toolkit.  The python
apps require pyqt.

Guitoo consists of several tools that allow the user to administer/configure
his/her computer.

 [guitoo etcetera]

        guitoo etcetera allows a user to update any configuration files that
might have been changed during am emerge.  it is an alternative to etc-update
and allows a user to use a gui diff tool of choice.  guitoo etcetera is written
in C++ and uses the QT toolkit

 [guitoo updater]

         guitoo updater is a wizard that guides a user through the syncing of
his portage tree, fixing blocks, selecting packages, and finally
emerging/compiling the packages.  It is extremely user-friendly and is built to
be \\\"girlfriend proof\\\"

 [guitoo config]

         guitoo config is a graphical configuration file editor.  IT allows
users to edit a files like /etc/fstab using a intuitive GUI interface.
Developers can contribute \\\"plugins\\\" for each configuration file using a
XML-Based Plugin.

More tools will arrive as they are developed, but these three are currently
planned.

guitoo etcetera has source code for review (it is partially functional)
[http://www.standsolid.com/guitoo/guitooetcetera-0.10.tar.gz]

I have several other developers who have made offers to assist me with my
project and also have projects of their own.

Other Software Required:
Qt, gentoo portage, gentoo gnu/linux, pyqt, python

Other Comments:
On Sunday 09 November 2003 03:06 pm, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> Hi,

> I have approved your project.  You will receive an automated e-mail

> containing detailled information about the approval.

> I made a mistake by looking at your first submission.  Could you

> resubmit?  I'll approve it asap. (make a note that I already approved

> it).

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/