[Savannah-hackers] submission of Grok - get regular expression and make

From: alanw
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Grok - get regular expression and make O - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:00:20 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Alan Wendt <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: BSD
Package: Grok - get regular expression and make O
System name: grok
Type: GNU

This is for a finished program called "grok" that I wrote in 1991.

I just want to contribute it to GNU so that it gets wider usage.

The program reads a regular expression from a file and compiles

the regular expression.  It also compiles character-to-character

correction costs.  Then it reads standard input and makes least-cost

error-correction changes to the lines in standard input, to change them

to instances of the regular expression.  One typical usage would be to

correct OCR scanning errors in input that can be categorized as regular
expressions.

I will put the source code at http://www.cybertrails.com/~alanw/grok.

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
Note -- My mozilla could not change the license type, should probably be
changed to BSD because this code is a derivative work of flex.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/