[Savannah-hackers] submission of Python ODBC - savannah.nongnu.org

From: mardy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Python ODBC - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:22:17 -0500

Mardy <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Originally the module was released under the new Python license,
which is GPL-compatible.
Package: Python ODBC
System name: pyodbc
Type: non-GNU

There are currently two ODBC modules for python; one of these is commercial
(see http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html; it has a dual license, an
open-source one for private use, and a commercial one for commercial use),
while the other is free (see below for clarifications) but works only in
Windows (it is included in the win32all package).

I've modified it to have it compile and work under Linux (with the unixODBC
package, but I guess even iODBC might be used), but I think the driver needs
many improvements and corrections, which I believe only a group of developers
can do; so I'm willing to open a project for it.

The original source code is at
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html

The future project source code can be found at:

http://interlingua.altervista.org/tmp/odbc.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
unixODBC or iODBC

Other Comments: