[Savannah-hackers] [support #102636] Patch manager attached file MIME ty

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #102636] Patch manager attached file MIME type
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:36:42 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah.

[support #102636] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah
Submitted by: David Allouche
On: Fri 11/28/2003 at 17:36

Category:  Web Interface

Original Submission:  First, I would like to thank you all for the work on the
Savannah code base. The new patch manager is _much better_ than the older.

I'd like to report (and complain :-) about two problems which are probably
related:

1. Old patches have been "htmlized", that is characters like '"', '<' and '>'
have been replaced by entity references "&quot;", "&lt;" and "&gt;" that is
really a big problem, since this data has basically been corrupted (though it
seems automatically recoverable).

2. Though old patches are still viewable from inside a browser, newly submitted
patches seem to be sent as "application/octet-stream" (according to the dialog
mozilla pops up when clicking an attached file link) instead of "text/plain"
(or some more specific appropriate MIME type).

The net result of this second problem, is that new patches can no longer be
viewed from inside a browser.

You can check these on the texmacs patch manager:

  old patch:

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=1967&item_file_id=1966

  new patch:

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=2368&item_file_id=2376