Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:38:35 +0100

I could only tell people to wait for all the requests I replied to this morning, and that is very frustrating.

Is there a way I could help more efficiently? (work on Savannah, CVS, etc.) ?

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
Hello,

It would also be nice for me to be able to edit support requests.

* www.gnu.org projects cannot use their CVS repository; we need to know if it is back, and what is the new repository path (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00105.html and http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00114.html). The CVS HTML page at https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnutls, for example, should be updated, since the cvs "instruction set" is missing.

* Reactivate the cvs repository tarballs (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00099.html and http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00096.html). Maybe could we also use bzip2 instead of gzip long the way?

* Replace zonecheck's CVS repository with ftp://ftp.nic.fr/pub/mirror/zonecheck/zonecheck-cvs.tar.bz2, once it is signed (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00115.html)

* Is there an estimation on when projects registration can be processed again?

* Check why there are problems with gcc's repository when using tags. It seems that making val-tags from CVSROOT may be a solution (https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102807)

* Check the Python error at http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcc/gcc/?only_with_tag=gcc_3_2_3_release (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00097.html). It seems it is not related the problem above, since it does not happen with mldonkey.

* Check why the 'Beuc2' account was deleted. It may be a bug in Savannah, but since having 2 accounts is not very fair for one person, I wanted to know whether anybody deleted it manually. (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00081.html)

* The e-mail notification is not properly working: some users cannot receive lost passwords (check https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102802)

* Cc notification in support requests are not received; there is a bug request in the savannah group about that (I do receive notification when I submit a bug, though). It makes me hard for me to check support requests. (https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102802)

* Provide a way for users to delete their account

* (or) send a e-mail to the address of the account 'colossal', check whether this person definitely want its account to be deleted, and delete it by hand (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00113.html)

and some presentation:

* The "Help Support" link is misunderstood by several visitors, who post help request about a specific project

* I was adviced to put a notice about the fact new project registrations cannot be processed.

Rudy Gevaert wrote:
Hi,

I'm back again to help.  I'm going to crawl trought all mail that was
sent last month tomorrow.

In the mean time, if you want specific things down, or if you need to
know certain things reply to this thread.