Re: [Savannah-hackers] Various permission issues with CVS

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Various permission issues with CVS
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:24:19 +0100

I could not find the problem with the first error.

However, the second error occurs because you have a wrong directory layout in your repository. 'webcvs' repositories contains a directory with the project name, which contains 'CVSROOT' and another directory with the project name. This last directory is where files should be commited. In your case, files are commited in the same directory than CVSROOT, which is not what was planned by the admins.

\

`- cvsroot

 `- fsffr <this is where you commited the files>

  `- CVSROOT

`- fsffr <this is where your files should be commited - currently non-existant>

  `- about

I have to discuss with the admins about this issue and I will contact you again then.

Frederic Couchet wrote:

I have some problems when I try to commit files in CVS of the fsffr
project. My account is 'mad'.

When I try to commit the fsfe-fr-channel.fr.xml I get this message :

bash-2.05b$ cat CVS/Root
address@hidden:/webcvs/fsffr
bash-2.05b$ cat CVS/Repository
news

bash-2.05b$ cvs commit fsfe-fr-channel.fr.xml
Checking in fsfe-fr-channel.fr.xml;
/webcvs/fsffr/news/fsfe-fr-channel.fr.xml,v  <--
fsfe-fr-channel.fr.xml
cvs [server aborted]: could not open lock file
`/webcvs/fsffr/news/,fsfe-fr-channel.fr.xml,': Permission denied
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsCu0WCU

When I try to commit the index.fr.xml I get this message :

bash-2.05b$ cd ..
bash-2.05b$ cvs commit index.fr.xhtml
Checking in index.fr.xhtml;
/webcvs/fsffr/index.fr.xhtml,v  <--  index.fr.xhtml
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
/webcvs/fsffr/,index.fr.xhtml, to /webcvs/fsffr/index.fr.xhtml,v:
Operation not permitted
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsjKa3Bg

Could someone check to make see what's going on?