[Savannah-hackers] Savannah status update

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah status update
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:48:12 -0400

Since the last update:

* Jim and I patched the Savannah PHP source code to address urgent
  security errata as reported by Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro on
  March 28. Savane 1.0.2 was released shortly thereafter addressing
  the same security issues.

* sv-migration-list Mailman mailing list was created to discuss the
  transition to GForge.

* Investigated an outage of savannah this past week.  CVS checkouts of
  GCC were hanging and used up all the memory on the machine.  A
  reboot was necessary to fix the problem.  There's no clear
  indication why the problem arose, but it could be related to the
  nighly rsync of the GCC sourcecode.

* Investigated a hard drive on savannah that gave an I/O error and was
  kicked out of the RAID array.  After passing a long running SMART
  test, and having shown no other errors, the disk was put back into
  the RAID array.

* Implemented the client side of the on-commit CVS web page
  synchronization.  That code is at
  savannah.gnu.org:/usr/src/savannah-sync/savannah-sync.c.  Once the
  server side is finished, that code will be run in commitlog for all
  projects' web repositories.

Tasks to be worked on this week:

* Finish "Real-time CVS to www.gnu.org synchronization", by
  implementing the server side portion that will run on www.gnu.org.