Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Pages of the Tramp package.

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Pages of the Tramp package.
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:43:46 +0200

On 2004.04.19 16:03, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
On Monday 19 Apr 2004 11:36, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Old versions:
>
> There is no released version of Emacs which includes Tramp. I'm happy that other people can use Tramp, so I make it work on Emacs
21.3, as well.

> I had forgotten that.
>
> Ok, we can label the Tramp project as a GNU package.
> savannah-hackers, can you please relabel Tramp as a GNU package?

Done.

and you did well :)

Incidentally, just for you to know, moving from nongnu to gnu implies several things: - the webcvs should be synchronized with www.gnu.org and not www. nongnu.org. I do not know exactly how that is set up, sysadmins tend to manually add syncs to www.gnu.org at the moment. www.nongnu.org pages should not be available for GNU projects, but again, I do not know how that is set up. - Savannah/Savane locks the files area to ftp.gnu.org, which should be changed some time; eg, the Grub project currently stores all its files to alpha.gnu.org. - The last side-effect I can think of is the mailing-list creation: they are activated for @gnu.org, not @nongnu.org. Existant lists should be moved or maybe 'symlinked'. Savannah/Savane should take care of the new lists creation correctly.

There is an help request about moving several projects from nongnu to gnu. I did not worked on them (nor on my GNU project ;)) because I think it would be better to have the above features finished before.