Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Pages of the Tramp package.

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Pages of the Tramp package.
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:10:00 +0000

On Monday 19 Apr 2004 19:43, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On 2004.04.19 16:03, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > On Monday 19 Apr 2004 11:36, Richard Stallman wrote:
> > >     Old versions:
> > >
> > >     There is no released version of Emacs which includes Tramp.
> >
> > I'm happy that other people can use Tramp, so I make it work on Emacs
> > 21.3, as well.
> >
> > > I had forgotten that.
> > >
> > > Ok, we can label the Tramp project as a GNU package.
> > > savannah-hackers, can you please relabel Tramp as a GNU package?
> >
> > Done.
>
> and you did well :)

Do I get a gold star? ;)

> Incidentally, just for you to know, moving from nongnu to gnu implies
> several things:
> - the webcvs should be synchronized with www.gnu.org and not www.
> nongnu.org. I do not know exactly how that is set up, sysadmins tend to
> manually add syncs to www.gnu.org at the moment. www.nongnu.org pages
> should not be available for GNU projects, but again, I do not know how
> that is set up.
> - Savannah/Savane locks the files area to ftp.gnu.org, which should be
> changed some time; eg, the Grub project currently stores all its files
> to alpha.gnu.org.
> - The last side-effect I can think of is the mailing-list creation:
> they are activated for @gnu.org, not @nongnu.org. Existant lists should
> be moved or maybe 'symlinked'. Savannah/Savane should take care of the
> new lists creation correctly.

Thanks for that. :)

> There is an help request about moving several projects from nongnu to
> gnu. I did not worked on them (nor on my GNU project ;)) because I
> think it would be better to have the above features finished before.

That's quite a bit of work there..

In one mail (I think) you mentioned adding all of the tasks that need to be
done to get Savannah working again (like mailing list creation, file upload
interface, etc) to the administration's task list.  Perhaps we could take all
the TODO lists floating around (and the above items) and add them to the
administration project's task list?

Elfyn

- --
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB
mailto:address@hidden
http://www.emcb.co.uk/

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F  31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4

Error: quote_machine(): Dry humour detected.

<< ~  Linux london 2.6.5-emcb-243 #2 i686 GNU/Linux  ~ >>