Re: [Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #180379] Re: Savannah pending project up

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #180379] Re: Savannah pending project update
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:01:55 +0000

Hello Jim,

On Monday 26 Apr 2004 19:51, James Blair via RT wrote:
> > address@hidden - Thu Mar 25 11:04:16 2004]:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am the maintainer for GNUsound, which was dubbed an official GNU
> > package by RMS recently.
> >
> > I wanted to setup a webpage on www.gnu.org, and was informed that this
> > would be easiest through Savannah, so I registered the program on
> > Savannah. However, approval for that registration was put on hold
> > pending investigations wrt the break-in.
> >
> > Is it possible at this point in time get WWW and FTP access on
> > www.gnu.org & ftp.gnu.org through some other means then Savannah? Is
> > there anybody specific I could talk to about that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pascal.
>
> I have manually created your project on Savannah.  This is the first
> project that I have pushed through in this manner, so if something isn't
> working right, please let me know.  You should be able to use the webcvs
> area on savannah, and your web pages will show up at:
> [...]

While on the topic, have all the scripts (`sv_*') been audited/fixed/... to
work inside the chroot?  If not, could either yourself or Paul list (or point
me to such a list) what exactly needs to be finished for project approvals to
start again?

The way I see it is:

  - finish hacking the sv_* scripts (if needed)
  - add a sync on www.[non]gnu.org

And then approve the project as normal.  Is this correct?  If not, what else
needs to be done (excluding the sync-on-commit stuff) ?

Thanks,
Elfyn

- --
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB
mailto:address@hidden
http://www.emcb.co.uk/

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4