Re: [Savannah-hackers] renaming of a project (vpe)

From: pcg
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] renaming of a project (vpe)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:35:30 +0200

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 08:47:39AM +0200, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
wrote:
> >tracker on savannah.gnu.org, but only got redirected to
> >https://savannah.gnu.org/include/calendar.js, which gave me a 404 not
> >found.
>
> Can you give me the exact URL and the browser you used?

Ther above is the exact url, I got there from
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group=administration by clicking on
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=additem&group=administration

Browser was netscape 4.8.

> >Anyways, I have a question. The nongnu project "vpe" has become a gnu
> >package yesterday, and I wonder how much effort it would be to rename
> >the project from "vpe" to "gvpe" along the way.
>
> First, I need to confirm VPE is now part of GNU. address@hidden should
> add you to the official maintainers list soon.

I just wanted to know how much effort it is, because new-gnu will create
mailinglists, too, and if I know it's no big deal than it's easiest for
all people to rename it now instead of later :->

> I already came through the process of renaming my own project, so it
> will not be very long.

Ok, good to know. I'll tell the new-gnu people then.

> Also, I guess you want the GNU features to be activated, ie updating
> www.gnu.org/software/gvpe using WebCVS (nongnu.org will now
> redirected), and change the Savannah project type.

Yes, but that wasn't the intent of my mail (after all, you need to get
confirmation to actually do something about that :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Yes, that's why I wrote it (read vertically please)... :)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       address@hidden      |e|